Friday, January 8, 2010

Seriously, Singapore news never fail to amuse me, and i have taken out 2 pieces of news to highlight

#1

Girl Molested At Siloso Beach (2009 Countdown party!)

I'm quite sure that most of you guys must have read or at least heard about this news, when it was first broadcasted, a lot people claim that those molesters are bastard (indeed they are!), but days later there have been rumours circulating around suggesting that the victim, may be a "he" afterall:

CLOSE UP PICTURE OF THE TRANNY THAT GOT MOLESTED AT SENTONSA SILOSO BEACH (NEW)

Spending just 1 min googling about this incident, i can find tons of forums that are debating whether the victim is a "she" or a "he", some extremists even joked about the idea, some went "eeeeeeeeeeeee!", some went "YUCKS!", some even commented that the victim actually deserves it.

While I myself am not sure if the rumours are true, the bottomline is, its still a molestation, right?

Does it change the fact that its a molestation if the supposedly "she" is a "he"? No

Does it make "him" (assuming the claims are true) a more deserved victim? No

Should it be the reason for the people around not to stop this incident? Obviously no!

The reaction of some people regarding this incident, seriously disgusts me, those that simply just watch and did nothing are as bad as those molestors, same goes to those who are making fun of this piece of news just cause "she" may be a "he".

Now I am not saying im god or a very kind person, but if im there im pretty sure i will go up to help, why? Cause helping one simply dont need any reason isnt it.

#2

Now this really gets me fuming;

McDonald's takes the charm out of Doraemon series

1 word for this, RETARDED.

This is one of the worse marketing failures I have ever seen, and to think its coming from McDonald's? wth

Firstly first, if going by this rule, why didnt they omit cow from the series as well since Indians arent supposed to eat beef? (correct me if im wrong on this)

Secondly, I have done some research prior to commenting on this issue, it seems that most Muslims in Singapore do not mind about the inclusion of a pig designed doraemon charm.

Thirdly, what about the chinese? It is so obvious (thou not stated) that the 12 collectibles are based on the 12 chinese zodiac signs, so by omitting the pig zodiac charm, they (McDonald's) may risk angering the chinese due to obvious reasons.

Fourthly, and most importantly, those things are just collectibles, as long as they are nice and cute, no one will mind, I, as a doraemon fan, got turned off by this because it simply doesnt make sense to suddenly have a doraemon cupid among 11 other animal-based designs!

Yes, racism is a serious issue, one that we must really get a hand on, but so is over sensitivity, and this is a good example to show, i mean like, c'mon, we do celebrate the year of pig in Singapore, right? So why the big fuss?

After reading this 2 pieces of news, I've got advice for people involved;

"Its not too late to set yourself a new year resolution, and that is, 'get a life, be smart'".


On the other hand, I am quite happy that I've got a poster to show for open house since its kind of new for my course to do it (my course doesnt have FYP you see)

Went to Jurong Medical Center to collect my heart test results, and yea, its pretty good, infact, the doctor commented that my heart is really good and cant understand why there was a problem =\

Saw this thing in the toilet, its pasted at the top of the urinal, pretty cool uh?


PS: Dont worry I didnt miss my target :p

No comments: