Friday, December 18, 2009

surfing government websites can be a real pain in the ass. so today i was trying to renew my passport, googled and i got myself in ICA web, finds out i can actually renew online through this APPEL thing (if i didnt remember wrong).

after keying in my particulars, the system says that i can actually extend my passport (extend is free,renew cost $70), so it displays this message like "oh you can actually extend your passport, please find out the info by clicking here"

so off i went to the next website, after spending a good 30mins, i still cant find the info to extend my passport! finally i found this link called "extend my passport", im like omfg finally!

guess wad happened i click on it?

i got re-direct back to where i started, the ICA web -.-

so well, i figure that i wont find that info-that-ICA-claim-was-there even if i spent the entire day clicking around, thus i decided to give it a call. can u believe it when i make a call, their lines are busy!

i dont know who does that networking but hey, to the fellow networkers that designed the network for ICA, you guys fail badly, how can you have your hotline busy!

another good 20mins flew away that way, not to mention the waiting-for-people-to-pick-up-the-call's time.

*dial-tone*
*sorry, our people will attend to you shortly* (me: o...ok o.o)
*dial-tone*
*sorry, our people will attend to you shortly* (me: fine =\)
*dial-tone*
*our line seems to be busy, you may continue waiting or call later* (me: no way im freaking gonna call later)
.
.
.
.
few mins later (after the cycle keeps repeating)
*dial-tone*
*sorry, our people will attend to you shortly* (me: zzz)
*dial-tone*
*sorry, our people will attend to you shortly* (me: how shortly is your shortly -.-)
*dial-tone*
*our line seems to be busy, you may continue waiting or call later* (me: just get it fast man!)
*dial-tone*
*du...du...du...* call timed out
WTF!

so i made the call again, and this time thankfully my call is answered.

me: "hi erm can i know what are the procedures i need to follow in order to extend my passport validity?"
the person: "oh actually you can make a trip down to ICA and we can get it done on that day"

WTF JUST FOR THIS LINE I WASTED AWAY 1HR OF MY LIFE! CANT THEY JUST WRITE IT ON THE ICA WEBSITE? TOTALLY GOT OWNED

No comments: